If tweezing, waxing, and shaving, are not giving you satisfactory and long-lasting results for your body hair removal, you should change your procedure. Why not get your skin zapped with a laser to get that permanent hair removal solution?
Laser hair removal treatment is one of the most sought-after solutions to get rid of body hair for good. According to global statistics, it is one of the highest demanded and commonly done hair removal cosmetic procedures. The highly concentrated laser beams target the hair follicles deep into the skin.
The excessive heat destroys the growing hair follicles at the root making it difficult for them to grow back in the standard phase. While the degree of the result may vary based on the skin and hair type, it is still the most effective hair removal solution.
You may want to know which hair removal salon is better (脫毛邊間好) and it is something that causes big concern to many irrespective of gender and age. And laser hair removal applies to any type of skin. It is a quick and generally painless procedure. But, well, individual pain tolerance also plays a part in the overall process.
Despite the vast popularity of laser hair removal treatment, many are still skeptical of whether the procedure is safe and worth it. While the process effectively keeps away instant hair growth for as long as possible, the aftercare measures and maintenance also significantly influence the result.
Advantages of laser hair removal
Laser hair removal applies to any body part, from face to chin to back, arm, leg, bikini line, and other areas. The most valuable part of laser hair removal treatments is that only licensed and skilled individuals or technicians can perform the treatment.
However, with developing technology and high demands, you can now do laser hair removal at home using the latest laser and IPL hair removal products and tools. Nonetheless, some benefits prove why laser hair removal is the best and safest solution to get rid of body hair.
- Laser hair removal is all about precisely targeting the hair follicles of the targeted area. Precision is essential to perform the best laser treatment. That way, only the coarse dark hair is destroyed, keeping the surrounding skin safe and unharmed.
- It is a rapid and fast procedure. The laser lights move in a fraction of a second to treat the hair under the skin. That is why underarm laser hair removal takes only three minutes to complete. It takes less than a minute for smaller areas like the upper lip, chin, or forehead. The longest may be about an hour for legs and back with a broader surface area.
- You can expect almost permanent hair loss on the treated area after about four to seven laser hair removal sessions if followed thoroughly.
Risks of laser hair removal
Like any medical procedure, laser hair removal solution also has some risks that vary from individual to person. It is impossible to prevent any temporary side effects that come with varying skin color, hair type, treatment plan, aftercare measures, and overall maintenance of the targeted area.
While there are not many high risks involved in laser hair removal, a few common side effects go away within a few hours or days.
- Laser hair removal is typically a painless procedure. However, depending on the skin color, type of hair, and the individual’s pain tolerance capacity, the degree of pain and impact on the skin will vary. Other than that, the procedure is technically done by applying cooling and numbing gel on the area to be treated.
- Since everyone’s skin is different, skin irritation combined with swelling and temporary discomfort may prevail up to a few hours after the procedure. They usually go away on their own.
- The laser light’s effectiveness can change with the amount of melanin in the skin. That will result in minor and temporary pigmentation on the treated skin area. You might notice either skin darkening or slight lightening. However, these effects may increase if exposed to direct sunlight.
To prevent unwanted side effects of the laser treatment on the body, it is essential to follow the technician’s instructions. Besides these minor risks of laser hair removal, skin scarring, crusting, and blistering are some rare side effects. Hair graying or excessive hair growth are other symptoms if the condition worsens.
That is why laser hair removal treatment must be done only by licensed professionals. Overall, it is a great choice to remove body hair. It is safe to say that laser hair removal is a significantly effective and safe solution to go for. To get the best results, following up with the related treatments and care is necessary.