Jewellery-making is a complex process that requires a wide variety of tools to get the job done right. While you might be able to create pieces with nothing more than your hands and an eye for detail, you’ll always be better off if you buy yourself some professional tools to help make your work more efficient and more accessible on your body. One such tool is jewellery pliers, precisely flat nose pliers.
You’ll Need a Good Set of Pliers for Jewellery Making
Whether working with metal, wire or any other type, you need a good set of pliers. They are a tool that holds and shapes wire and holds the material in place when bending or shaping it. They can also be used to open, close and bend the wire.
For example, if you want to make a loop in your metal wire for your jewellery piece and don’t have anything else handy, then all you have to do is pinch the end of your metal rod between two fingers on each hand until it curves into shape.
If you’re using them with a hammering technique called riveting, then be sure not to grip too tightly while hitting with force because this could cause damage to both parts being riveted together!
You Can Find Affordable Ones in Bulk or at a Store
They are available in many different sizes and materials, including round nose and chain nose, flat-nosed and bent chain-nosed. They are typically made from heat-treated steel or hardened stainless steel. Some have non-slip grips for comfort and safety while working with hot metals, while others feature side cutters for cutting a wire or other materials.
Round noses are explicitly designed for cutting a wire or other small, rigid materials. They have a rounded nose design and are made from hardened stainless steel, making them durable and resistant to corrosion.
Round noses are used to cut the wire and other hard materials. They feature a round nose design, making it easier to manoeuvre around tight spaces than flat-nosed or chain-nosed ones.
Many Types Are Available for Different Applications
Jewellery pliers come in various shapes and sizes, and each type has a different purpose. The following is an overview of the most common types:
- Needle noses are used for precision work, such as bending wire or holding small items while you work on them.
- Chain noses have smooth jaws that make it easy to bend, shape or form metal without damaging the surface. They’re also suitable for gripping large jewellery pieces and making wire or tubing.
- Flat noses are great for reshaping metal pieces with smooth flat surfaces like beads or findings.
- Round-nose has round tips that help you create curves in metal wires while maintaining their circular shape, so they fit together perfectly when used in jewellery designs like earrings or bracelets.
- Long-nose is perfect for reaching into narrow spaces where your fingers can’t fit comfortably, like around rivets when attaching chain links (which makes them perfect for creating necklaces).
They Are Available With Non-Slip Grips and Side Cutters
They come in various shapes and sizes, but the two most common ones used by jewellery makers are cutters and grips. These tools are used to hold or cut wires and other items, so getting the right size for your work is vital. Cutters are available with non-slip grips or side cutters. Side cutters can be used to trim wire as well as hold items securely while you work on them. Non-slip grips are designed for maximum control when working with small objects like beads or gemstones.
The benefits of using jewellery pliers are many. First, it helps you to make your metal jewellery pieces more professional. Secondly, you can repair your jewellery and others with the right ones.