As part of the regular hair routine. It’s very important for us to maintain our hair and one of the best ways to do is by using a hair steamer. Our hairs are among our assets and we should pour in all that’s required to keep them healthy and shiny. A hair steamer is a grooming device that produces steam using water and heat and the moisture penetrated makes the hair more curly, improves the elasticity and helps scalp absorb more.
A major issue when you use all sorts of different products is that your scalp doesn’t receive or absorb all that you use for your hair. Using a hair steamer cleans your scalp and gets it ready to be used for stuff like hair removal creams, conditioners and what not. It improves the overall absorption of your scalp. In just a few minutes of treating your hairs to steam, you will feel your hairs are hydrated and can be reshaped easily.
How to select the Best Hair Steamer for Natural Hair?
Now that you know the importance of using a hair steamer, it’s a difficult game to choose the best hair steamer. There are many things you should look for when choosing a hair steamer for home use. Below is the list of things to keep in mind when choosing a hair steamer for natural hair.
- Water is an important aspect of any hair steamer and so you should always choose a hair steamer that has a good amount of water reservoir. A heavy reservoir means you will have uninterrupted sessions.
- When choosing a steamer, we recommend you choose a large hooded steamer as it will be able to handle most head sizes and also be better to handle your hair strands. Wider size ensures that the back, front and contour of your entire head is covered.
- Your scalp is like earth, it needs a supply of water and oxygen to grow well. Choose a steamer that has Ozone feature which allows maximum supply of oxygen to the scalp such that dirt gets removed and nourishment happens evenly for your hairs.
- In terms of operating feature, go for the steamer that has a timer feature or an auto shut down feature. This simply means that you are aware about the water levels and are notified when the steamer is on for longer durations also to avoid overheating.
- Since a steamer is standing device. Always look for the one that is movable and has wheels.
- A necessary thing to look for is the height of the steamer. It needs to be adjustable to your chair and the person’s height.
Comparison for the Best Hair Steamers For Natural Hair
1. KINGDOMCARES Large 2-in-1 Hair and Facial Steamer
Kingdomcares large 2-in-1 steamer is a dual function steamer that works on both the face and your hairs. You can achieve smooth and healthy skin and hair both at the same time. This steamer releases negative ions via steam which is an important part because otherwise you may suffer itching at the scalp.
Apart from steaming of your hair, this also detangles your hair and revives them to the natural best form. For someone who has been using all sorts of harmful chemicals to treat their hair and face can use Kindgombeauty steamer to prevent the damage and repair your hair.
This steamer also has the highest rating on amazon from actual users who have used the device which is why this is something we definitely recommend.
- Auto Shut off feature available
- Releases negative ionic particles to prevent damage of hair
- Nothing so far
2. D Salon Portable Professional Salon Hair Steamer
Many of us like travelling and we are often on the go and we feel the need to treat our hair with some steam. D Salon portable professional hair steamer is the perfect option for people who have concerns with the portability since the hood of any steamer has a huge size. This steamer has an adjustable hood and height so you can store it light.
You can also title the hood up or down. Based on the dimensions of the hood around 12 inches in diameter and 11 inches deep which is enough for most heads to fit easily. D salon portable professional salon hair steamer also has auto shut down feature so whenever the water reservoir is out of water, you get the warning.
Most reviews said that the steamer is best for people who are concerned about time and portability as it heats up quick and is portable enough to be easily carried around.
- Portable hood
- Adjustable height
- Heats up quickly
- Comes with auto shut down feature
- The shut down feature may not work every-time as said by a few users
3. Nova Portable 3-in-1 Steamer
Check Today’s Price
Wouldn’t it be great if you had a portable steamer that works great for both the face and your hair. Nova Microdermabrasion Portable 2 in 1 hair does exactly that. This steamer has UV ozone system which generates mist which is very easy for hair to absorb. UV is always a great feature which ensures your hair absorb the steam easily and the best part is that in this steamer, the functionality is quite simple with just a push of a button.
The mist can also be used to treat your face where it opens up the facial pores by removing the dirt and unclogs your skin. You will be able to feel the difference after a single session. The whole thing improves the texture of your skin and improves the overall health of your skin.
The brand says that it works as a 3 in 1 steamer where apart from your face and hair, you can also use the same mist to humidify your room. That’s pretty interesting and one of a kind steamer in our list. Nova Portable steamer also comes with the auto shutdown feature which is a great safety feature and should be included in every steamer.
- Has a serve sterilizing function
- Unclogs your face and improves hair health
- Auto shut off feature
- Works as room humidifier too
- May not be suitable for room as described
4. Red by Kiss 2-in-1 Hair & Facial Salon Steamer
Check Today’s Price
Red pro is a steamer that acts as a multipurpose device so you can use it for your face and hair. Since a steamer produces steam which helps in the hydration of the scalp, the same steam can also be used for the purpose of moisturizing your face.
Get to know about the best facial steamers so you can work on both your face and hairs.
When you use the steamer for regular usage, you can definitely see results as regularly treating your hairs to steam improves the quality of your scalp. The steam is also responsible to lift up your cubicles.
The Red Pro therapy steamer is a great choice for people who have dry or brittle hair. It does the two main functions of hydrating and moisturizing very efficiently. For users who stay in a dry climate, this can be a great choice as it shall help you replenish your natural hair and do a deep conditioning to the hair and scalp.
- Works good for flaky and dry scalp
- Keeps the hair moist
- Prevents breakage of hair
- The size of hood may not be wide enough for big heads
- Hood can’t be adjusted
- You may have to release the valve on the hood as dripping may happen when you pour hot water
5. Secura S-192 Hair and Facial Steamer
Check Today’s Price
Secura S-192 is a great steamer for home use which can do multiple things both on your face and hair. As we talked about how important it is for your scalp to absorb more oxygen and secura steamer does exactly that. Since it has all these functionalities, Secura is a great product.
When it comes to mist that’s produced, Secura produces ultrafine mist that’s absorbed into your scalp which eventually promotes moisture levels. This mist also helps your hair to start absorbing more moisture and so whenever you use a conditioning product for your hair, you get total benefit. Secure is a great tool to avoid breaking of hairs and improves the richness of your hairs.
No matter what kind of hair type you have, you will surely benefit from using hair steamer. The process of steaming lifts your cuticles which eventually leads to soft and shiny hair. If your motive is to get healthy and lengthy hair then Secura can be a great choice.
- Great choice for reducing hair breakage and reduces any split ends
- The absorption also improves post using the steamer
- You get rid of the itching sensation at your scalp and reduces dandruff
- Moisture increases and thus promotes growth
- Some users got a broken or cheap hood
- Sometimes the steam may not cover all of your head